October 18, 2009

My Shooting Star(:

I love just who you are,
I ain't gonna try to change ya.
You are a shooting star,
that's why you are my favorite.

I caught her when she fell from heaven.
One to ten, baby girl's an eleven.
And I ain't trying to spit no game,
but I'm trying to figure out from where you came.
Because a star like hers,
man, it rarely occurs in a world like this,
Only way you ever meet a girl like this,
get up in a spaceship and take that trip.
We kinda have a way with words.
We even start a convo to get at her.
Every other chick becomes a blur.
Be my mrs, I'll be your sir.
I love her, the way she is,
the way she are, my shooting star.
And I pray that you'll never change, never ever change.
Just stay the same cause...

I love just who you are,
I ain't gonna try to change ya.
You are a shooting star,
that's why you are my favorite.

Look up in the sky,
it's a bird, it's a plane.
Nah baby girl,
that's a shooting star with your name.
I ain't gonna lie, I've told a lot of lies
and played a lot of games.
But with you it's not the same,
for you Im'ma ride,
I want you by my side.
I feel like them other boys,
you're playing with my mind.
Im'ma tell you one more time:
For you Im'ma hustle,
for you Im'ma grind.
You were there through the pain.
You stood right by me, thanks to you I survived.
I guess it's true what they say,
love is blind.
We together 'til the day that we die,
'til death do us part.
Baby you my heart,
they can take all the houses and the cars.
But they'll never take my shooting star.

I love just who you are,
I ain't gonna try to change ya.
You are a shooting star,
that's why you are my favorite.

Now as I lay her down to sleep,
pray my lord this girl I keep.
Usually by now with a wedding creep,
with a PYT that I met last week.
But it's something about this one
that make me not have to go get none
asks what I need and it go get done,
and the same thing back so it makes us one.
So in the morning when I roll over,
pray that she's there at my arm and shoulder
And I could be your blanket when the world gets colder.
Watch me make her, watch me mold her.
She got me open like my doors ajar,
heartbeat fast like a stolen car.
I never thought it would go this far,
The night I wished on a shooting star.

I love just who you are,
I ain't gonna try to change ya.
You are a shooting star,
that's why you are my favorite.

<3