11 years I've known you and watched you change, 10 years I've called you my best friend. What happened? Just thinking about you makes me want to cry. You were the first one I'd call when something happened, you were the one I shared every single one of my secrets with. You never, ever told any of my secrets to anyone, no matter who it was about. You were the one who I bossed around in the sandbox when we were younger. And the one I warned when you had chocolate all over your face, and then proceeded to laugh at you like it was the funniest thing in the world. You were the one I grew up with and the one I wore matching outfits on the first day of school with. You were the one who I trick-or-treated with every single Halloween. You were my first true best friend. Ever since the first day of preschool, you've always been there for me. You were my shoulder to cry on when I was sad, as I was yours. Your home was my second home and my parents were like your second set. I knew everything about you and you knew everything about me. We never left each others sides. We fought like sisters, but couldn't stay mad at each other. You were my sister, besides the blood part. I love you with all my heart. I miss you so much, more than I've ever missed a friend. I feel like I've lost you. I know that over the years we've changed and we started liking different things, but did that mean we had to grow apart? It makes me so sad to think that I had the best of the best for a friend and then lost her. I miss you, Ashley. I miss all of our laughs and inside jokes. I miss all the pictures we took, documenting our childhood. I wish you didn't only want to talk about yourself all the time. I wish you were still interested in my life. I want so badly to catch up with you and know everything that's been going on. I want to tell you everything that's happened with me this past year because I know that just like when we were 10 you'd just sit and listen. Because you're still the same girl I met on the swings, even though your priorities are a little messed up.Thank you so much for showing me what a true friendship is like. I will always love you no matter how far apart we become.
Love, the one who's always been there.